Commonwealth Games 2022 Day 6 latest highlights: Tejaswin Shankar opened the medal account for the Indian athletic team with a bronze medal. Lovepreet Singh and Saurav Ghosal followed his lead. Get all latest updates on Commonwealth Games 2022 only on Money Niyantran.
Congratulations to Tejaswin Shankar, Lovepreet Singh and Saurav Ghoshal
2022 seems to be a great year for Indian athletes in the Commonwealth Games. On 3rd Aug, 2022 (Wednesday), day six of the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham, Tejaswin Shankar secured a bronze medal in the men’s high jump competition. Shankar, a National record holder, cleared 2.22m and claimed the third position in the event.
Lovepreet Singh bagged a bronze medal in the men’s 109 kg category and brought yet another medal in weightlifting for his nation. Mirabai Chanu and Achinta Sheuli have already made India immensely proud after winning the Gold Medal at CWG 2022. Yesterday, Lovepreet Singh, the 24-year-old athlete from Punjab, successfully lifted a cumulative weight of 355 kg. Other than Tejaswin Shankar and Lovepreet Singh, Saurav Ghoshal also gave India its first even medal in squash. He finished third and got a bronze medal.
Meanwhile, on day 6 of Commonwealth Games, 2022, Akashdeep Singh and Harmanpreet Singh scored a brace each as the men’s hockey team of India dominated Canada throughout the game and won the one-sided game at 8-0. It wasn’t a good year for Purnima Pandey, Indian weightlifter, and boxers Lovlina Borgohain and Ashish Kumar.
Read More on Money Niyantran:
- Good Luck Jerry Review: Are you ready for a thrilling, rollercoaster ride?
- Mamata Banerjee removes arrested WB Minister Partha Chatterjee from Cabinet
- Amitabh Bachchan and Rashmika Mandanna’s GoodBye will release on Oct 7, 2022
- Marvel Phase 5 movies: The Multiverse Saga complete list, 16 new titles announced
- House of the Dragon Trailer: HBO returns with another epic tale on war over the Iron Throne