Renowned industrialist and Indo-Irish billionaire Pallonji Mistry passed away last night, June 27, 2022, at his Mumbai home. As Mumbai mourns the loss of the business tycoon, let us learn some key facts about the man and his achievements.
Pallonji Mistry was born in 1929 in a wealthy family of businessmen. The construction magnate was 93 years old when he died and was the father of four children.
- Pallonji Mistry was a known name in the construction industry. He became the chairman of the leading housing company, Shapoorji Pallonji Group, which was founded in the year 1865. With headquarters in Mumbai, Shapoorji Pallonji group operates in diverse sectors like real estate, power, construction, biotechnology, home appliances and technology.
- Pallonji Mistry was the highest shareholder with 18.4% shares in Tata Sons. Cyrus, Pallonji’s son headed the company between November 2011 andd October 2016. A legal battle continued between Cyrus and Ratan Tata (Tata Sons’ chairman) after he was removed from the post.
- As per the estimation of the Bloomberg Billionaires Index of April 2021, Pallonji Mistry’s total wealth was 28 billion dollars (in US currency), making him the richest man in Ireland.
4. Pallonji Mistry received the prestigious Padma Bhushan, one of India’s top civilian awards, in 2016’s January. However, he gave up Indian citizenship in 2003 and has been and took Irish citizenship. So, the Mumbai-born was already an inhabitant of Ireland when he got the Padma Shree for his outstanding achievements.
5. If you want to know more about Pallonji Mistry’s personal and professional life, you can read his biography named ‘The Moguls of Real Estate.’ Written by Manoj Namburu and published in 2008, it is the real life tale of the successful personality.
- DHFL Bank fraud case of Rs. 34,615 crore: CBI files Indian’s biggest ever loan fraud case
- Newlyweds Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt ready to welcome their first baby
- Wimbledon 2022 Latest Update: Tennis Fans Pledge to Never Return Again
- Trout Village, Jagthana, to be self-employed with Rs. 90 lakh
- Now use Gmail offline without internet, just follow the simple steps
- Zomato to acquire Blinkit for Rs. 4,447 crore, a 10-minute grocery delivery