Every year, Nag Panchami is celebrated in India on Shravan month’s Shukla Panchami. This year, 2nd Aug, 2022 (Tuesday) will be observed as Nag Panchami. Here’s a list of do’s and don’ts on Nag Panchami 2022 for worshippers of Lord Shiva.
Nag Panchami 2022: Why should you celebrate?
The snake god, Shiva, is one of the most worshipped gods in Hinduism. As Lord Shiva wears the serpent around his neck, it is customary to pray to both Lord Shiva and the snake on this auspicious occasion. We worship snakes for prosperity and happiness and to ensure that there’s a good harvest. It is also believed that rituals performed on Nag Panchami saves us from the ill-effects of Kalsarp Dosh and Rahu-Ketu Dosh. So, worship Shiv Shankar and perform Rudrabhishek by worshipping the snake deity on Nag Panchami 2022 to remove all troubles from your life.
Do’s on Nag Panchami 2022 for Shiva devotees:
- If your health permits, you should definitely keep fast on this holy day to get rid of Kaal Sarp Dosh effectively.
- Make sure you worship the snake deity along with Nag Dev and offer sweets, flowers and milk to the snake.
- Keep in mind that you should always offer milk to Nag Dev or Shivling only from a brass vessel. To offer water, it is best to use a copper container.
- On the day of Nag Panchami 2022, chant the sacred Nagpanchami mantra during your worship.
- If Rahu-Ketu is heavy in your horoscope, you must fast and pray to Lord Shiva tomorrow wholeheartedly and you’ll notice significant changes in your life.
- Chant the ‘Nagendra Harai Om Namah Shivay’ mantra one and a half lakh times after completing Rudrabhishek in a Bholenath temple. After chanting the above mantra, chant ‘Om Nagdevatayai Namah’ 108 times.
- Snakes are frequently seen in the fields in the month of Sawan and killing a snake (even by mistake) on Nag Panchami will be a bad omen. So, don’t go to the fields tomorrow to avoid encounter with a snake.
- Don’t use iron skillet and refrain from cooking food in an iron utensil on the day of Nag Panchami 2022.
- Don’t touch alcohol, meat or any kind of vengeful food on Nag Panchami.
- Avoid using any type of sharp object on Nag Panchami throughout the day.
Celebrate Nag Panchami devotedly and Lord Bholenath will shower his blessings on you and your family.
Read More on Money Niyantran:
- Good Luck Jerry Review: Are you ready for a thrilling, rollercoaster ride?
- Mamata Banerjee removes arrested WB Minister Partha Chatterjee from Cabinet
- Amitabh Bachchan and Rashmika Mandanna’s GoodBye will release on Oct 7, 2022
- Marvel Phase 5 movies: The Multiverse Saga complete list, 16 new titles announced
- House of the Dragon Trailer: HBO returns with another epic tale on war over the Iron Throne