8th of August is celebrated as International Cat Day all over the world, an initiative taken by the International Fund for Animal Welfare to increase awareness on the preferences and needs of cats. If you are a cat owner or an animal lover, this article on International Cat Day 2022 is definitely for you.
International Cat Day 2022: History
In 2002, the International Fund for Animal Welfare recognized 8th August as International Cat Day. This non-profit organization is committed to improving the welfare and health of cats all over the planet and protecting the helpless animals from abuse. Since then, this day is celebrated worldwide as Cat Day. Read the complete article on Money Niyantran to learn fascinating facts about cats and how to celebrate International Cat Day 2022.
Significance of International Cat Day:
Dogs and cats are the most common domestic animals around the globe and their friendly nature make them ideal companions for humans. World Cat Day gives cat owners an opportunity to acknowledge the unique bond they share with furry friend. More importantly, this day draws our attention to the thousands of stray cats who deserve our love and affection as much as our expensive breeds at home.
Mind-blowing facts about cats
Their adorable kitty eyes and mysterious personalities make cats fun to be around. Here are some interesting facts about cats to learn on International Cat Day 2022:
- They spend 70 percent of their life sleeping.
- The world’s longest cat was 48.5 inches.
- In 1963, a cat named Felicette went to space.
- Ancient Egyptians revered cats and even shaved their eyebrows to mourn the death of their beloved cat.
- The world’s oldest cat survived for 38 years
How can you celebrate International Cat Day 2022?
If you are a true animal lover, there’s a lot you can do to make the world a better place for cats. Here are some amazing ways in which you can celebrate International Cat Day 2022:
- Serve your pet its favorite dish- To let your darling cat know how much you love it, cook your cat’s favorite meal today. Tuna fish and minced chicken are two popular options.
- Give a loving home to a stray cat- Stray cats are usually neglected and their lives are constantly threatened by other animals and humans. Given the chance, a stray cat can be a wonderful pet. So, if you are planning on buying a cat for your family, consider adopting one.
- Volunteer in rescue activities- Adopting a cat is a personal choice and many people aren’t comfortable living with cats. But being a cat lover doesn’t mean you have to live with one. You can volunteer in rescue activities and make donations at pet shelters.
- Feed the stray cats in your locality- On International Cat Day 2022 take a vow to be kinder and more sensitive towards stray cats. You can feed a nutritious meal to the cats in your neighborhood on this special day. One act of kindness can make a big difference.
Read More on Money Niyantran:
- Good Luck Jerry Review: Are you ready for a thrilling, rollercoaster ride?
- Mamata Banerjee removes arrested WB Minister Partha Chatterjee from Cabinet
- Amitabh Bachchan and Rashmika Mandanna’s GoodBye will release on Oct 7, 2022
- Marvel Phase 5 movies: The Multiverse Saga complete list, 16 new titles announced
- House of the Dragon Trailer: HBO returns with another epic tale on war over the Iron Throne