Urman Malik, Deepak Hooda, Suryakumar Yadav, and Arshdeep Singh were among the best performers in the first T20 warm-up match between India vs Derbyshire on Friday, 2nd July, 2022. Indian cricketers are preparing to participate in another T20 warm-up match on Sunday, 3rd July, against Northamptonshire.
Overall, it has been a happy week for Indian Cricket fans. As under the leadership of Jaspit Bumrah, one Indian cricket team shone bright against England at Edgbaston in the 5th test match, another crushed Derbyshire in a warm-up game for T20. Even if all the players won’t be able to showcase their talent in the complete T20l series, many got a fair chance to put on an impressive show and please the selectors in the warm-up matches.
Dinesh Kartik deserves appreciation for leading the team smoothly to victory in the pioneering warm-up match against Derbyshire. Batting first, the Derbyshire team struggled to put runs on the board with 150 as the total score. Arshdeep Singh and Urman Malik picked two wickets each. Venkatesh Iyer and Axar Patel both got one wicket each, thus restricting the opponests to reach a decent score.
With a target of 151 runs, it wasn’t a great day for Ruturaj Gaikwad who had to walk back to the pavilion with 3 runs. As Ishan Kishan was on rest, Sanju Samson was the opening batsman along with Gaikwad. Samson and Deepkar Hooda built an impressive partnership of 51 runs. With 56 runs from 37 balls, Hooda proved his merit by emerging as the highest scoring batsman for India on yet another match. Suryakumar Yadav remained undefeated on 36 runs from 22 balls as India comfortably reached the target score and completed its game in 16.4 overs.
India’s best performers in the T20 practice match against Derbyshire:
- Arshdeep Singh- The left-arm seamer picket up two major wickets of Alex Hughes and Shan Masood is just four overs.
- Urman Malik- Learning a lesson in every single match, Urman showed selectors in the practice fixture how he can trick the batters in the opponent’s team with his extreme page.
- Deepak Hooda- A consistent player, Hooda showcased his hitting prowess and strengthened his case for 2022’s T20 World Cup by scoring 57 runs with 2 sixes and 5 fours.
- Suryakumar Yadav- A strike-rate of 163 in the recent game is a proof of how destructive he is when in his form.
- National Doctors’ Day 2022: History, Theme and Importance
- Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022: Emergence, Rituals and Timings; Significance of Puri’s Biggest Festival
- Live update by Telangana Board: TS Inter Results 2022 released today
- World Asteroid Day 2022: 6 Must-Watch Asteroid-themed Movies
- Doctors’ Day 2022: ‘Dharti ke Bhagwan’ Music Album to be released on July 1