The owner of Reliance Industries, Mukesh Ambani, has three off-springs. Isha and Akash are twins and Anant Ambani is the youngest of three siblings. As per reports, Mukesh Ambani may pass on the command of his retail business to his daughter, Isha Ambani. A formal declaration could come by the end of this week.
Reliance Group is one the biggest corporate houses in India. The process of handing over the reins of the business to the next generation has already started. As a starter, Mukesh Ambani resigned from Reliance Jio’s board and he made Akash Ambani the chairman of Reliance Jio Board. On 27th June, 2022, the company’s board of directors held a meeting in which the proposal of making Akash the chairman was raised. As the Board has approved the plan, Akash is the official non-executive director. Now there is a possibility that Isha Ambani will take charge of the retail business.
Three main businesses of the Reliance Group:
With headquarters in Mumbai, the Reliance Group, established in 1999, is the biggest Indian conglomerate. At present, Reliance Group has five different companies, namely, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Health, Reliance Capital, Reliance Power, and Reliance Home Finance.
- Reliance Group’s business thrives in petrochemical and oil refinery, digital and retail business services.
- Distinct wholly-owned businesses for digital and retail service businesses.
- Energy & Chemicals & Oil businesses operate under RIL.
In the young generation:
- Isha Ambani- received education at Stanford and Yale. She is 30 now and she joined her family business in the year 2015 and is one of the board members of Reliance Retail Ventures. In December 2018, Isha started her married life with Anand Piramal, businessman Ajay Piramal’s son.
- Akash Ambani- He is on the board of Reliance Retail Ventures, Jio Limited and Jio Platforms, Saavan Media, and Jio Infocomm. In 2019, he tied the knots with Shlok Mehta.
- Anant Ambani- went to study abroad in the Brown University of the USA. He is on the board of Reliance New Solar Energy, Reliance New Energy, Jio Platforms and Reliance O2C.
Mukesh Ambani gave indications last year that he expects the younger generation to assume leadership roles soon:
On the auspicious occasion of Dhirubhai Ambani’s birthday on Dec 28, 2021, Mukesh Ambani had announced that the young generation is wise enough to become leaders. So, he wanted to begin the course of succession by guiding the new generation, teaching and appreciating them. He further added that he feels proud to see the dedication and passion his children have for Reliance. He is convinced that just like his father who altered the lives of millions of people and worked tirelessly towards the development of the nation, his children also possess the ability and fire to influence the future growth of the company.
Other than the Ambani siblings, KV Chaudhary and Raminder Singh Gujral were appointed as additional directors to serve five years of tenure. The company has also chosen Pankaj Mohan Pawar as Reliance Jio’s managing director.
- Happy Birthday Elon Musk: Investment Lessons to Learn from the World’s Richest Person
- DHFL Bank fraud case of Rs. 34,615 crore: CBI files Indian’s biggest ever loan fraud case
- Newlyweds Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt ready to welcome their first baby
- Wimbledon 2022 Latest Update: Tennis Fans Pledge to Never Return Again
- Trout Village, Jagthana, to be self-employed with Rs. 90 lakh
- Now use Gmail offline without internet, just follow the simple steps
- Zomato to acquire Blinkit for Rs. 4,447 crore, a 10-minute grocery delivery