Shantanu Deshpande, who is the CEO and founder of Bombay Shaving Company, a firm that produces grooming products. His ‘18–hour workday’ post on LinkedIn has been attacked by people on all social media platforms and now Shantanu Naidu has also stated how Deshpande’s post will only reinforce workplace exploitation. Stay tuned to this post on Money Niyantran till they end to know all about Shantanu’s video and don’t forget to follow us for latest news.
Shantanu Deshpande’s LinkdIn Post on ‘18–hour workday’
“When you are 22 and new in your job, throw yourself into it. Eat well and stay fit, but put in the 18 hour days for at least 4-5 years…I see a lot of youngsters who watch random content all over and convince themselves that ‘work life balance, spending time with family’ rejuvenating bla bla’ is important. It is, but not that early.”
As soon as he shared his views on ‘18–hour workday’, the post has triggered an intense debate, prompting employees and employers from all over the nation speak about it.
Shantanu Naidu Protest against Unhealthy Work Environments
After Shantanu Deshpande’s LinkedIn post on ‘18–hour workday’ became viral, Shantanu Naidu has voiced his opionin on toxic work cultures. Naidu rejected Deshpande’s idea and said it is extremely unfair to dehumanize employees and treat them as simply resources based on their accomplishments. Naidu has been Tata Trust’s deputy general manager since 2018. In his short video, Shantanu Naidu urged employers to respect employees and value them as humans, instead of marking them according to their achievements.
- Krishna Vrinda Vihari: Movie Review
- The Great Industrialist Ratan Tata Has Been Nominated as a Trustee of the PM Care Fund
- The King of laughter, Raju Srivastava left his kingdom at the age of 58 only
He condemned Deshpande’s exploitative outlook in a LinkedIn video stating: “I think the problem with the toxic hustle culture is that it brings down the value of a person only down to his achievements and productivity, and I think as human beings, we are worth much more than that. Naidu further added that “Work is something we do, not who we are.”
Shantanu Deshpande bids adieu to LinkedIn
Shantanu Deshpande has received violent criticism based on his ‘18–hour workday’ LinkedIn post. People have even called him a slave owner. This forced him to apologize to people whose sentiments he has hurt and he has also announced that it is has last post on social media.
Read More on Money Niyantran:
- Live Update on Twin Towers Demolition in Noida: Illegal Construction Razed to Ground
- FCI Manager Category 2 Recruitment 2022 Notification: 113 Vacancies; All Details Below
- Vikram Vedha Teaser: First Glimpse of Hrithik Roshan- Saif Ali Khan’s Gripping Action Thriller
- NDTV stocks at Rs. 384.50 Hit 14 year High after Adani Group’s Open Offer
- Marvel’s Animated Series ‘I am Groot’ released on Disney+ Hotstar on 10th Aug, 2022