11th August and 12th August will be celebrated as Raksha Bandhan 2022, a special day meant to pamper brothers. If you have been eagerly waiting to celebrate Raksha Bandhan 2022 with your dearest brother, find out all about it only on Money Niyantran.
Raksha Bandhan 2022: Important Rituals
Raksha Bandhan, one of India’s famous festivals, celebrates the unique bond between a sister and a brother and it is observed on the last full moon day of Shravana month. On this day, sisters pray for the long life and prosperity of their brothers and tie a rakhi on his wrist as a sign of affection and respect. They also prepare a special thaali with roli, sweets, chandan, akshat (raw rice), nariyal, diya, kalash and a beautiful rakhi. Here’s all you need to know about Raksha Bandhan 2022.
Raksha Bandhan 2022: Dos and Don’ts
- You can wake up early, clean the house and prepare the puja thaali with required ingredients. Married sisters generally visit their brother or invite the brother to celebrate Raksha Bandhan.
- Make your brother sit on a chowki facing the east direction, apply tilak on his forehead, and tie the rakhi on the wrist of his right hand.
- Perform an aarti and seek his blessing if you are the younger sister. If you are the elder sister, bless your little brother and offer mithai to him. Now it is time to give and receive gifts.
- Avoid performing the rituals during Bhadra as it is a malicious time and no holy rituals should be performed as per ‘drikpanchang’.
- Always make your brother sit on a wooden chowki to start the Raksha Bandhan rituals instead of a chair or sofa.
- According to ‘drikpanchang’, on Raksha Bandhan 2022, the best timing to tie the Rakhi around the wrist of your adorable brother would be between 8:51 pm and 9:13 pm and between 5:17 pm and 6:18 pm on 11th On 12th August, it is better to perform the rituals before 7:16 am.
Raksha Bandhan wishes to let your brother know how much you love him
If your brother is far away and you are unable to meet him this Raksha Bandhan, you can still make him smile by sending gifts and rakhi online along with a sweet message. Here’s a list of some nice Raksha Bandhan wishes:
- Thank you brother for being my support system and loving me unconditionally. Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022!
- You are the only person who knows all my secrets and never judges me. I miss you immensely this Raksha Bandhan and want you to stay happy and healthy.
- Dear brother, I am remembering you on this special day and I want to thank you for always being there for me. I am blessed to have a brother like you. Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022, my forever companion.
- No matter how much we fight like sworn enemies, I know you are my strongest support and you know you always have me by your side. Happy Raksha Bandhan to the naughtiest brother in the world.
Read More on Money Niyantran:
- Good Luck Jerry Review: Are you ready for a thrilling, rollercoaster ride?
- Mamata Banerjee removes arrested WB Minister Partha Chatterjee from Cabinet
- Amitabh Bachchan and Rashmika Mandanna’s GoodBye will release on Oct 7, 2022
- Marvel Phase 5 movies: The Multiverse Saga complete list, 16 new titles announced
- House of the Dragon Trailer: HBO returns with another epic tale on war over the Iron Throne