Happy Birthday Sourav Ganguly: 8th July is the 50th birthday of the Indian Legend, Sourav Ganguly, often addressed as ‘Dada’ by his beloved fans. On the special day of the great mentor, the fearless leader and the flamboyant batter, let us look back at his most remarkable contributions to Indian Cricket.
One of India’s greatest crickets, Sourav Ganguly, turns 50 on 8th July, 2022. We wish a very Happy Birthday to Sourav Ganguly. The ‘Prince of Kolkata’, even years after his retirement, is the person who revolutionized Indian cricket. The confidence and battling spirit showcased by the Indian Cricket Team while playing international matches are attributes instilled in the team by Ganguly.
A left-handed batter, Dada was a gifted stroke-master and an aggressive hitter. It was a treat to the eyes to watch his signature cover drives and brave cut shots. During his inspirational journey, he represented his country in 113 Test Matches and 311 ODIs, garnering 7212 and 11363 runs respectively.
Ganguly’s most scintillating performances-
- 131 runs against England in 1996- It was Ganguly’s Test debut and he made a century at the Lord’s Stadium, also known as the ‘Mecca of Cricket.’ He was resilient, faced 301 deliveries and bagged 131 runs, thus securing India’s return to the game.
- 153* in 1999’s India vs New Zealand- On the 3rd One Day International Series between New Zealand and India, Sourav Ganguly single-handedly faced the Kiwi bowlers and helped India win the series.
- 141* in 2000, against South Africa- It was the semi-finals of the 2000 ICC Knockout Cup. On 141 runs, Sourav Ganguly remained unbeaten with 6 sixes and 11 fours to his name, and led his team smoothly to a 95-run victory.
- 98* in 2001, against Sri Lanka- Even if it wasn’t Dada’s most remarkable or highest innings, it is still significant as it displayed his fearless personality. He was in a poor form with not a single half century in 13 consecutive innings. He led the Indian team to an exquisite victory and remained undefeated on 98 runs. This innings reminded the world once again what he was capable of.
- 2007: 239 runs against Pakistan- It was probably the best innings of Sourav Ganguly’s life in which he scored a massive 239, including2 sixes and 30 boundaries against Pakistan. Despite his enthralling performance, India didn’t win the match as it was called off because of heavy rain.
- ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ – Everything you need to know before watching the movie
- Koffee with Karan 7: Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt bust marriage myths
- BSE Odisha Result for Grade 10 to be Declared on 6th July, 2022: Live Update
- Miss India 2022: Karnataka’s 21-year-old Sini Shetty becomes the winner
- Crude Oil price hike on supply concerns amidst recession worries: Brent crude stands at $105.59/bbl