INS Vikrant, the indigenous aircraft carrier: Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India, commissioned INS Vikrant, the first indigenous aircraft carrier of India at Cochin Shipyard Limited on 2nd September, 2022 (Friday) and also unveiled the Indian Army’s new naval flag. Stay tuned to this post on Money Niyantran till the end to know all about INS Vikrant and how it’ll be an invaluable addition to the Indian Navy.
Designed by Warship Design Bureau and built by Cochin Shipyard Limited, IAC Vikrant is named after its predecessor, the first aircraft carrier of the country which played a significant role in the war of 1971. With INS Vikrant, India becomes a part of the select few nations that have the capabilities of indigenously building and designing an aircraft carrier.
Narendra Modi’s Speech on the auspicious event
PM Modi unveiled the new flag for the Indian Navy at Cochin Shipyard Limited on 2nd Sept and said the following words: “Till now the identity of slavery remained on the flag of Indian navy. But from today onwards, inspired by Chhatrapati Shivaji, the new Navy flag will fly in the sea and in the sky.”
He further added that “When IAC Vikrant descends to protect our maritime zone, many women soldiers of the Navy will also be stationed there. With the immense power of the ocean, boundless female power, it will become the identify of New India.”
INS Vikrant’s Interesting Features
- INS Vikrant’s complete medical campus is equipped with modern medical facilities such as ICUs, dental complex, emergency OTs, laboratories, isolation wards, X-ray machines, telemedicine facilities and physiotherapy clinics.
- INS Vikrant’s impressive state-of-art kitchen can prepare as many as 5000 thalis in a day.
- The total area of IAC Vikrant is 2.5 acres, with a length of 860 feet and a width of 203 feet.
- 76 per cent indigenous materials have been utilized in making the aircraft carrier.
- INS Vikrant’s displacement is 45 thousand tones.
Read More on Money Niyantran:
- Live Update on Twin Towers Demolition in Noida: Illegal Construction Razed to Ground
- FCI Manager Category 2 Recruitment 2022 Notification: 113 Vacancies; All Details Below
- Vikram Vedha Teaser: First Glimpse of Hrithik Roshan- Saif Ali Khan’s Gripping Action Thriller
- NDTV stocks at Rs. 384.50 Hit 14 year High after Adani Group’s Open Offer
- Marvel’s Animated Series ‘I am Groot’ released on Disney+ Hotstar on 10th Aug, 2022