|| APJ Abdul Kalam, APJ Abdul Kalam’s death anniversary, APJ Abdul Kalam quotes, APJ Abdul Kalam and ISRO ||
APJ Abdul Kalam is one of the most celebrated Indian Presidents. Popularly referred to as the ‘Missile Man of India’, Kalam is fondly remembered as one of the nation’s greatest teachers. He also played a major role in India’s space research and defense development. On July 27, observed as APJ Abdul Kalam’s death anniversary, let us learn some interesting facts and motivational quotes by the great man.
APJ Abdul Kalam, India’s 11th President, has been and continues to be a huge source of inspiration for millions of Indians. He has written a number of books and often spoke to the country’s youth to inspire them to dream big. July 27, 2022 marks his 7th death anniversary. He passed away while giving a lecture at the prestigious Shillong Indian Institute of Management on 27th July, 2015. Here are some interesting facts about him on the People’s President, APJ Abdul Kalam’s death anniversary.
Some lesser-known facts to learn on APJ Abdul Kalam’s death anniversary:
- Abul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam was Muslim, but well aware of Hindu customs and traditions.
- Kalam was the son of a boat owner and to support his poor family, Kalam began selling newspapers at a tender age of 10.
- After becoming an aerospace scientist, he worked with the two biggest space research organizations in India- DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization) and ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).
- Kalam was one of India’s leading nuclear scientists and he got the title of the ‘Missile Man of India’ for his extraordinary achievements in the field of Science.
- Even after becoming the President, Kalam never bought a TV and continued to live a simple life. His personal belongings included a veena, a huge collection of books, a CD player, some garments, and one laptop.
- A kind-hearted man, Kalam donated all his earnings to various noble causes.
- Kalam has been awarded honorary doctorates from as many as 40 International and National universities.
APJ Abdul Kalam’s death anniversary: Let’s remember some of his inspiring quotes
- “Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action.”
- “If you fail, never give up because FAIL means ‘First Attempt In Learning’”
- “All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.”
- “Creativity is seeking the same thing but thinking differently.”
- “To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.”
- “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
- “As a child of God, I am greater than anything that can happen to me.”
- “I’m not a HANDSOME guy, but I can give my HAND-TO-SOME one who needs help. Beauty is in heart, not in face.”
- “If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.”
- “Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.”
Read More on Money Niyantran:
- Amitabh Bachchan and Rashmika Mandanna’s GoodBye will release on Oct 7, 2022
- Marvel Phase 5 movies: The Multiverse Saga complete list, 16 new titles announced
- ODI Cricket is dying a slow death, says Usman Khwaja
- House of the Dragon Trailer: HBO returns with another epic tale on war over the Iron Throne
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organization gains 17 lakh new subscribers in May 2022